Reasons you should never buy or sell without an agent.
- Knowledge is power. If you are using an internet tool to price your house it might not give you a realistic value. Think of it as using the internet to diagnose a medical condition, it is much better to contact a professional.
- Agents are expert problem solvers. For instance if you are selling your house on your own and the buyer has an inspection and there are issues with that inspection are you going to be to negotiate a solution with the buyers? As real estate agents we deal with this all the time and are used to coming up with solutions that make both parties happy.
- Negotiation skills are key. Sometimes buyers put in a low ball offer or ask for everything under the sun. Negotiations can get much more complex when emotions are involved; agents can be a great buffer zone to keep the deal going.
- Preventative medicine can help save you money and time. A top notch agent can help you take the proper steps to get prequalified before you start looking for a home. If you do that first you won’t waste time look at houses that don’t match your qualifications. If you are the seller an agent will give feedback on things that need to be taken care of in your house before it hits the market.
- Marketing expertise is needed to sell your house. It takes practice to take good pictures of you house. There are tons of home websites and there are different things such as video, maps and community information to name a few that can be added to a listing.